With all of the devastation and destruction that all of these natural disasters have caused around the world as of late, we can't help but to stop and reflect on our blessings, our priorities, and our actions.
To be helplessly thrown into the chaos that these disasters have brought forth has been an incredibly gut-wrenching and humbling experience. Our hearts ache for those who have lost everything and our prayers are with those who are now in the process of trying to recover.
If it could be said that there is any positive that has come from the rubble of all the destruction... it would be lessons that mankind has been reminded of out of the sheer necessity for survival.
1. No one is promised tomorrow.
2. Hand in hand, regardless of race, sex, origin, or disability, we stand stronger together. We need each other.
3. Material things are just that - material. They're replaceable and no one is 'entitled' to anything.
4. Never take your blessings for granted. You never know when you might be without.
5. Always be kind. You never truly know the struggle someone may be going through and the smallest kindness can change their world.
Our homes, our cities, our nation, and our world will be rebuilt. Our hope for humanity is that all will be rebuilt upon a stronger foundation of community moving forward in a world where we're all willing to be kind and always lend a hand.